I have struggled with my weight for years. Between pregnancy, my love of food, and my loathing of exercise my body hasn’t fared well. But I know that needs to change. I’m not obese. I don’t think anyone would call me fat. But I don’t feel comfortable in my own skin. And that is the real problem. So what’s a girl to do? Well I’ve started eating better (yay!) and am kick starting my “diet” with Jenny Craig. The new Jenny Craig starter kit is exclusive to Walmart in participating stores and can be found in the diet/weight loss aisle.
What’s in the kit:
- 5 day kit with a variety of 20 meals and snacks
- One month free consultation at any Jenny Craig center or Jenny Craig Anywhere
- Special $50 food savings when you join a Jenny Craig center
6 tips to stick with your “diet”
Hopefully these tips will help you (and me) on our healthy living journey.
- Get moving: This part is huge! And it doesn’t mean you need to start working out for 3 hours at the gym every day. Just increase your movement from whatever it is now. Maybe that means walking for 20 minutes. Whatever you can do, do it!
- Drink lots of water: I’ll admit, this is not my strong suit. But our bodies NEED water. Plus, there are no calories or sugar involved. So drinking more water is going to help almost right away.
- Set realistic goals: This one can be hard. We all want a magic pill that will help us lose 10 pounds overnight, but sadly that just doesn’t exist. If you set realistic goals (i.e. 1 to 2 pounds a week) you won’t get discouraged as easily. Also, you can’t just change the way you eat overnight. Give yourself some leeway. A cheat day or whatever it is you need to start eating better.
- Find a support group: This could mean you start talking to a consultant at Jenny Craig or even just making sure friends and family know what you are doing. Having that support when you are tempted to eat that second doughnut or are feeling discouraged about your progress can make the difference between quitting and pushing through your hurdle.
- Be nice to yourself: Honestly, this is probably the most important tip I can give. We all mess up. We make mistakes and we slip up on what we eat or do. Don’t beat yourself up when this happens! Stay positive! Know that you are human and tell yourself you made a mistake, but will do better tomorrow. This is the only way you will keep going on your journey. One slip up does NOT ruin the day. Or the diet. Or the week. Or you. YOU are amazing and are working on making yourself better. Focus on that.
- Jazz up your food the healthy way: This. This is another big one! If you don’t like the food you are eating, then why are you eating it? So focus on the low calorie options that still tickle your taste buds. If you are using pre-packaged foods (like Jenny Craig) that doesn’t mean you can’t add a little something to them to increase their appeal.
So how did I modify my Jenny Craig meals? Let me give you an example of just how easy and simple it can be! One of the meals included in my kit was Zesty Tortellini Soup. It was okay by itself, but I like a little more pizazz in my meals. So I added a bit of low fat mozzarella cheese (mmmm cheese), a sprinkle of basil, and a side of fresh veggies. Voila!
- Jenny Craig Tortellini soup
- low fat mozzarella cheese
- fresh fruits and veggies
I was provided a free Jenny Craig Weight Loss Starter Kit. However, the opinions expressed are entirely my own.