What is Swagbucks and how does it work?
Swagbucks.com is a website where you can earn Swag Bucks which are “digital dollars”. There are many ways to earn them (see below) and they can be redeemed for products, gift cards, and more.
Top Ways to Earn Swag Bucks:
1. Search! I’ve been using their search engine exclusively for a few months now and I’ve found their search results to be completely on par with Google. They say it’s best to search “naturally”. You aren’t more likely to win by searching an unusually high amount of times or by clicking on any of the results.
2. Download and use the Swag Bucks Toolbar. I resisted this one for the first couple months of using Swag Bucks. I really hate lots of toolbars filling up my screen space so I would just go to the website or use the widget to do my searches. But it’s not very convenient so I still ended up using my default search a lot. When I finally gave in and downloaded the toolbar it made SUCH a big difference. I won a lot more Swag Bucks from searching (because it was easier to do) and I also started getting codes from TSG (The Swag Guy) in my messages in the toolbar. And even better! Now they give you 1 Swag Buck everyday just for opening your browser window! (As long as you have the toolbar.)
3. Referrals! Invite your family, friends, coworkers, acquaintances. Add the widget or banners to your website or Facebook page – they all contain your unique referral link. When someone signs up with your referral link and wins while searching – you win too! You get every Swag Buck they get while searching up to 1,000. That can add up really fast.
4. Special Offers. You can also get varying amounts of Swag Bucks for completing a special offer. They range from surveys to free trials to making purchases to liking a Facebook page or simply watching videos.
5. NOSOs. (Or No Obligation Special Offers) You can click on NOSO under the Ways to Earns tab at the top of the page for their No Obligation Special Offers. Then just skip them all (unless there is something that interests you), once you’ve reached the last page you’ll get a Swag Buck. That’s 1 Swag Buck every day for doing almost nothing.
6. Shop & Earn. If you’re planning on buying something online anyway, take just a minute to check Swag Bucks first. If the store you’re buying from is one of their partners then you get Swag Bucks for every dollar spent.
7. Trade in your old cell phones, video games, and books. You can look up your old cell phone model and if it’s on their list, print a pre-paid shipping label and trade-in receipt. Then send it in and you’ll get Swag Bucks (amounts vary based on phone model). You can also earn Swag Bucks by trading in your old video games, video game systems, and books (again amount varies depending on title or model).
8. Finding Swag Codes. Swag Bucks puts out Swag Codes all the time. Sometimes they’re sent in a message in your toolbar. Sometimes they’re posted on the Swag Bucks Blog (which I follow), or the Swag Bucks Facebook page, or the Swag Bucks Twitter page, or sometimes in the Swidget (see #9). And sometimes they do a Swag Hunt – they’ll give you clues and you have to find it. The codes need to be entered exactly as you find it into the Swag Code Box on the right side of the Swag Bucks home page (you must be signed in).
9. The Swidget. Add it to your website, blog, Facebook, etc. or you can just check the one at the bottom of Bargain Divas’ blog. You can click the button that says SC-Swag Codes and then click on the blue button that says Check if there’s a Swag Code. If there is a code available it’ll tell you where to find it. Or sometimes they even have a code right in the widget.
10. Daily Polls. Every day Swag Bucks does a new poll. All you have to do is vote in the poll and you get 1 Swag Buck! Easy peasy. You can also submit a poll question idea and if yours is chosen you’ll get 100 Swag Bucks!
11. Like them on Facebook and/or follow them on Twitter. This is one of the best ways to find out if a code is available. If it’s not Swag Bucks posting, then it’ll be another follower announcing that a code is available. Plus they post the occasional code right on the page.
12. Send a photo or video of your prize. When you redeem Swag Bucks and receive your prize they’ll give you 10 more Swag Bucks if you send them a photo or video of you getting your item.
13. Trusted Surveys. You can take surveys – amounts will vary. But you get 1 Swag Buck for each survey you attempt to qualify for, even if you don’t qualify. They have a bunch of Profile surveys and you can get 10-25 Swag Bucks for each one you complete.
14. Swagstakes. If you’re the gambling type you can spend a small amount of Swag Bucks for a chance to win a large amount or other prizes.
15. Birthday Bucks. Jacki and I both received 50 Swag Bucks on our birthdays! So make sure you enter your birthdate into your account details page.
16. Twitter Trivia. Swag Bucks posts questions on Twitter and you give the answers. Swag Bucks then rewards in the following amounts:
- Question 1: First 4 correct responders win 50 Swag Bucks each
- Question 2: First 3 correct responders win 75 Swag Bucks each
- Question 3: First 2 correct responders wins 100 Swag Bucks
- Question 4: First correct responder wins 150 Swag Bucks
- Plus a special bonus of 250 Swag Bucks if you win all four questions!
17. Swag Bucks TV. Watch videos and win Swag Bucks. As you watch videos, the meter (shown below) fills up – when it reaches 100%, you win!
18. Print and Redeem Coupons. Earn 10 Swag Bucks for every coupon you print and redeem at your local grocery store!
19. Play Games. There are two ways to be rewarded for playing Games:
1. Play games for free. Just playing games will randomly earn you Swag Bucks – anywhere from 1 to 5, and you can earn multiple times per day.
2. Buying into tournaments. Each game has multiple tournament options where you risk a small amount of Swag Bucks for the chance to earn a large amount. (See more details.)
How to spend your Swag Bucks:
There are lots of options in The Swag Store. Jacki and I almost exclusively use ours for $5 Amazon Gift Cards because that’s where we’ve found that we get the most for our “bucks”. With the $5 Amazon gift card: 90 Swag Bucks = $1. But, they also have lots of other products and gift cards to various places in different amounts. You can even have cash put directly into your Paypal account.
A couple of Rules to keep in mind:
•Never, ever post a live Swag Code anywhere. You can give hints or tell people where to look. But if you post the actual code, not only will it invalidate the code, but it could also get your Swag Bucks account closed.
•Only one Swag Bucks account per person.
See more Swag Bucks Do’s & Don’ts.