Chicken Soup for the Soul and Zaycon Foods provided me with complimentary products. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
Did you hear that Zaycon Fresh and Chicken Soup for the Soul have formed a new relationship? They fit together perfectly! And I absolutely love how this partnership makes it easier for you to get fresh, wholesome food outside of the traditional channels. I’ve been getting my chicken from Zaycon Fresh for a few years now and have always been nothing but pleased.
I am not a fantastic cook. When it comes to the complicated dishes I make sure to leave those to my husband (he is absolutely amazing!). I like to stick to simple and easy recipes that are still full of flavor. While sticking to the basics one of my favorite ingredients is chicken. And the very best chicken around, in my humble opinion, is from Zaycon Fresh. It’s great quality with a great price! So for this recipe I knew that was a must!
Read on for some super yummy chicken fajitas that anyone can make!
- Cut onions and peppers into thin strips.
- Cook vegetables in skillet on medium heat until tender. I threw a tablespoon or so of the Italian chicken broth on these to add flavor. Set aside.
- Cut chicken (Zaycon Fresh chicken of course) into thin strips.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Carefully add chicken to hot oil: cook about 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned.
- Carefully pour in about 1/2 cup Italian chicken broth. I HIGHLY recommend Chicken Soup for the Soul broth.
- Add spices, stir, and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve in tortillas topped with your cooked veggies, cheese, sour cream, or any other toppings you prefer.
I absolutely loved how crazy easy this was to make! And my entire family (including my extremely picky 8 year old) ate it all up. Because there was no fighting at the dinner table about what needed to be eaten we were able to sit and enjoy each others company. We shared stories about our day and focused on what we wanted to continue doing or wanted to improve on for tomorrow.
One Mamas reader will win a Chicken Soup for the Soul Prize Pack!
Prize will be Chicken Soup for the Soul chicken broth and a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: From Lemons to Lemonade.
Just leave your name and email address in the giveaway form below. If you’re reading this in our daily email or a feed reader, then click on the title of the post to be taken to the blog so you can enter to win.
You can also get bonus entries!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway ends Monday, April 27 at 11:59pm MST, and the winner will be chosen randomly, contacted by email, and posted on the blog the next day.
*Only ONE entry per name/email address (excluding bonus entries).
*Open to U.S. Residents Only
*Make sure you include a valid email address so we can contact you. This is the only thing your email address will be used for.
*Winner is chosen using random.org.
*Winner has 48 hours to contact us, or another winner will be chosen.