Some of the best recipes I have found are those that I have had at my Sister in laws or other family members homes. When I see my girls and husband going for seconds, I immediately corner said family member and with the use of a fork (if needed), nicely ask them to hand over the recipe…This is one of our staples. It will take you about 5 minutes to prep- BONUS! How does it taste you ask? Well. In a word? DELISH.
What to gather
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (OR use the quick method below!)
2 cans Great Northern beans, drained
1 can white hominy, drained
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 can chopped green chilies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
*Sour cream if desired (believe me…you will regret it if you DON’T use it!)
*Chopped green onions if desired (eh…you may or may not regret if you DON’T use these…not my fave)
The How to:
- Place chicken in 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. Top with remaining ingredients except sour cream and green onions (hold those to add on top!)
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours
- Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken pieces. Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.
Variations of “How to”
- We like the speedy method by substituting canned chicken/turkey with raw or even better- grab a rotisserie chicken from the store! Put it on high for 2 hours and eat!
- I love the flavor of the crock-pot, but you certainly could do it on the stove top as well. (using the above substitutions).
- We like ours a bit thicker in consistency and use tortilla chips as a spoon. Throw some cheese in there, maybe some avocado chunks, sour cream and HOLLA!! So good.
- It’s also super filling!